Saturday, December 10, 2011

an idea for next project




I am making series of ceramic (both white porcelain and dark-coloured clay) bells and vases at night. (I have a day job so) I really enjoy this precious time.

BUT...
At the same time, My head is thinking ahead for "the next project". 
This is one of the ideas - what do you think?

Wool fibre + clay.   Hand wet felted + hand embroidered + hand sculpted. 

I may try natural plant dye to tone down the colours.  Sometimes the colours on bought embroidery threads bother me so.
Testing, experimenting and growing ideas is such a fun part of creating....! (even though they do not necessarily realise due to lack of time or forgotten etc.)

Happy creating to all!

Erin






4 comments:

  1. I think the idea is powerful, and it will be exciting to see how you concieve it. What I see so far is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea; I love this and I agree with Dawn that the idea is powerful! I also like to use Markal oil sticks on textile work; a simple light rubbing dampens the stitch colour whilst increasing the definition and adding texture. It takes a couple of days to dry properly, but they're really effective. Just a thought!
    Here's a link to a piece I did last year so you can see what I mean; the Markal is on the plain stitched squares (not the pictured ones) http://www.julieshackson.com/1/post/2010/12/fading-fast-and-colourfully.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn I am so glad you see some potentials in the idea :)

    Julie thank you for sharing some idea and technique!! I really appreciate it! I will check it out and will come back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin I think its a marvellous idea and I haven't seen anything like it. I think the colors especially are lovely and match her serene face. I like your work so much
    Best
    Julie

    ReplyDelete