I have been busy making more and more porcelain bells in this holidays. :)
It feels wonderful to see them growing in numbers on the working table. I started to feel they are more powerful when in a group than alone.
Each time, I make them in a group of 3-6 just trying to be efficient. But the outcome is groups of figurines in quite different moods or themes - each time. I don't try to. I must be in a different mood each time I make them.
Almost unable to separate from each other within the group or remix. Maybe I should keep them in those small groups. They seem happier together.
A friend who spent last few days at my place suggested me that maybe I can make sure each bells make different sounds to suit their personalities. Their voices...
What a wonderful idea....! Thank you Hayley.
These are small wall pieces/mobiles. I am thinking of attaching pieces with thick linen threads. I might also add some red seeds and small pieces of smooth eucalyptus tree bark?
I hope you all are enjoying holidays! Best wishes to you all in 2012.
Erin
They are each so unique! I love them in the small groups, but also in the large grouping...it will be interesting to see the mobiles assembled...I love your work!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your very kind comment Dawn :)
ReplyDeleteYes I can imagine them in a large group of 100 or even 300(!) filling the space and creating their own world completely... :)
Oh, these are incredibly sweet. They have such personality!
ReplyDeleteThank you Junaluska :) yes they are all different and have their own personalities!
ReplyDeleteoh erin these are so beautiful. wishing you a wonderful 2012 with an abundance of inspiration, good health and wonderfulness... mady x
ReplyDeleteYour porcelain bells are very charming and I love the character and quirkiness of them. Beautiful and fun work.
ReplyDeleteI love the bells~
ReplyDeleteThey are very unique, i would love to hear them ring. Perhaps you can make a video when they are done?
julie
Mady, Shelley and Julie, thank you for visiting here and leaving nice comments. :) Yes Julie that's a really nice idea! I think I'll do that :)
ReplyDelete