It rained a lot this week-end. So my daughter was happy to play inside.
Yaaay, it means more time for me to make art. :)
I managed to paint 5 dark coloured clay bells. Ready for the first firing.
AND.... I managed to make 9 new porcelain bells. amazing! I've never been this productive in one week-end. The rain must have helped.
Saying that, it is only the beginning of nearly 2months process. (forming, drying, sponging, scratching surface, painting, firing, waiting, glazing, another firing and also finding time for 4 trips to the ceramic supply shop where firing is done)
Here is the younger ceramic artist at home. Making "a princess bag" in porcelain.
Perfectionist?
She has been such a good girl letting me work with clay for a long time this week-end!
I hope your week-end was a good one too!
Erin

I just love seeing your work in progress, and your beautiful little daughter, too!
ReplyDeleteLove the new work! What a happy assistant you have there!XX
ReplyDelete(Yay, my comment was published!)
ReplyDeleteDawn I love seeing other artists' work in progress too (and their work spaces!) Is the model in your Etsy shop your daughter? she is stunning!
ReplyDeleteAnnamaria, oh I am glad you can now leave a comment! :) We are often like the mother and daughter in your acrylic painting "Early in the morning" :)
So beautiful! Thanks for this lovely blog and greetings from Finland.
ReplyDeleteHi Tuuli nice to meet you. Thank you so much for visiting :)
ReplyDeletewhat a nice little girl :)
ReplyDeletelove to see your work in progress.
erin your work is stunning
ReplyDeleteThese are so beautiful Erin! I have really enjoyed having a look around your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteSandra, thank you for visiting! Makes me happy when people enjoy it here :)
ReplyDelete