Sunday, January 29, 2012

Photo shooting for mum's hats and clothes


I had a very busy week photographing my mother's latest creations!
Hats were hand wet-felted with Australian merino wool. Dresses were created using vintage Japanese kimono fabrics. (except the green belt which is a vintage one)


Models here are my dear friend Anita and my daughter. We had awful weather most of the time and without a car and with a 3 y.o. it is quite limited where I can go to do photo-shooting...  Yet I managed to take some interesting photos AND ... we had a lot of fun together!! 


These items will be in my Etsy shop at a later stage. I cannot tell when but hopefully soon. 
I think I have too many projects going on...! 


I hope you had a wonderful week end too :)


Erin


 

 


 
Links :
More photos here on flickr 


7 comments:

  1. hey Erin, I like your photos, also on flickr. And the fashion and the two models are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful images from the shoot Erin! Very professional and the work is displayed beautifully. Well done that woman!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Stefanie and Julie, very happy to hear you like the photos!
    My friend did a fantastic job as a model here didn't she!? We enjoyed creating story-like scenes with ordinary things from my kitchen etc. Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic work erins mum! and erin ! she must be your biggest inspiration erin , ,I liked the photo of your daughter best , it has a fleeting ...inbetween filmic feel to it
    well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic photos Erin! You and your mum must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inger thank you for visiting, I am pleased you find them beautiful :)

    Yes Jane, I agree with you - the 4th image is much more natural and seems like a part of a story (which I like) where others are more rigid... but then the image does not show what the items look like... It was very challenging balancing these. I had to constantly ask myself "Ok a nice image but what is this photo showing?" Not easy but a very good learning...!

    Sandra, thanks! We are and I am glad it's done :D

    ReplyDelete