Monday, January 30, 2012

Watercolour on clay and Space inside bells

Some new works in progress :

The left hand side is a painting on a clay slab - maybe a wall art piece?

The right hand side is a small dish with 3 small legs. 
I draw by scratching the surface with a needle tool, then repeat applying underglazes and wiping off with damp sponge, until I am happy with the result. The outcome is much like a watercolour painting. :)


I experimented creating a little poetic space inside the bells. They have a tongue suspended inside as other bells so still function as bells.  Quite happy about these! I remember making a similar but much larger back in art school. Now I like working in much smaller scale.

I keep exploring and making things but...... I am so not good at finishing :( 
So many "almost finished items" on my work table. "Work in Progress" forever....!?
Hmmmmm......I have to do something about how I work :(


Erin



7 comments:

  1. The layers of color create a beautiful effect in your work--and those spaces in the bell piecess are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .these are great :)
    .the "work in progress forever" problem, i have that too

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are pure magic, erin, i love them!
    i am especially loving the watercolor effect and i love the functionality as well as visual effect of the bells.
    i understand what you are saying about finishing pieces, but i have come to the conclusion that they will be finished when they are ready to be finished.
    some of them, maybe never...
    i have also decided that there are very few art pieces that, even when "finished", are actually so.
    can't wait to see more of your amazing work!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are beautiful Erin; I especially like the watercolour plaque and plate!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Dawn for leaving nice comments! Your words are so encouraging - keep me going :)

    Miha ha, thanks:) hehe you have the same problem ;)

    Brittan, I really like the way you say about finishing pieces. I cannot force them if THEY are not ready ! feel less pressure now :)

    Julie thank you! I made a few and might make more of them. Love that it allows me to erase and change while painting - It lets me work spontaneously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your new work looks beautiful Erin, but I particularly like those bells -- gorgeous and so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandra! That's very encouraging... :)

    ReplyDelete