Friday, November 4, 2011

Clay birds





My clay birds have been fired twice now and have gone much much darker than expected!
My initial reaction was "Oh no....." - a disappointment.

But today I spent some time photographing against enlarged image of my photo. I now kind of like them all...! They have their own characteristics and look so lively against the back ground I prepared for them.

So I am happy now :)

Hope you are having a wonderful week end!

Erin










11 comments:

  1. Your birds have a peaceful feeling. I love to sculpt birds too, I made on for a xmas tree and the glaze on mine came out much darker too than I expected. It IS always good to try to hold off thoughts till the next day. These are rich!

    xx Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine, thank you for your comment :) There are always some surprises (good and bad!) associated with firings... I think this is why many of us are attracted to working with ceramics :) Have a nice day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Erin! I love your aesthetic, and I just discovered your blog. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so glad that you left a comment at my blog so i
    could find my way in here:

    your work are breathtaking,
    i absolutely love it!!!

    v

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi erin, i love your work and your blog is so inspiring! thank you for following me and also for leaving a comment on vibeke's blog post with my interview!

    hope your week is going well :)
    xo
    brittan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Down! Thank you for visiting my blog! I am just so happy that you visited here :) and so excited with your kind words:) Looking forward to read about your first weaving lesson!

    Vibeke and Brittan, I really enjoyed reading Brittan's interview on Vibeke's blog. What a great idea to do that...
    http://abutterflyinmyhair.blogspot.com/2011/11/conversation-and-give-away-with.html
    Thank you for liking my birds :) The birds will be on my Etsy shop very soon.
    x
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Laura :) Thanks for visiting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin, I love your work!
    I am so happy you visited me so i could discover these gentle ceramics
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear erin , your work is both precious and magical ....its so interesting to read your process , thank you for sharing it and good luck with balancing the time ....its so hard I know this too .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, hello! I am happy you visited me here :)

    Jane, thank you for your words :) It means a lot to me when someone finds my process interesting. So thank you. x

    ReplyDelete