Saturday, February 25, 2012

Homemade wholemeal noodles



Whole meal UDON noodles I made and cooked the other day. 
Fresher, healthier and yummy! (and cheaper than buying from an Asian grocery shop)

Making noodles is so much like working with clay :D

It was simpler than I thought! SInce then I have always been making them at home. :)  If anyone interested, I'll give you this simple recipe.
Reading and being inspired by "Wholesome food" books these days...

I




Tea in a blue cup - 

Latest Treasury on Etsy that I created.  :)










Have a nice week end!

Erin

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had udon in forever! I might have to try that. I just started making noodles and now that I have, I can't believe it took me so long. I can't wait to add some foraged edibles into my noodle-making adventures.

    Lovely treasury, too.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, so nice to know you are interested:) Your veggies and eggs will be wonderful in Udon!

    1>mix 200g wholemeal plain flour + 200g whole meal self raising flour 2>mix 200cc water + 20g salt 3> add 2> to 1>slowly and make a dough with your hands (firmer than bread dough) 4> Leave the dough in a bowl with cling wrap on for 2hrs to let it be fermented 5>flatten it using a rolling pin, fold in 3 then cut with a shap knife to 5mm thick noodles 6>Roll and stretch one by one with your palms just like you make snakes with your clay! They stretch 3 times longer. This makes enough for 4 serves. Try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful treasury. I feel that making pie dough is alot like making pottery too. And pasta.
    I wish there was an asian shop for foods here, like in San Francisco.
    I like your white white clay! the people houses are beautiful
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete