I am experimenting with mixed media to create a little world.
A woman and small objects/symbols familiar to her.
I have always liked working around the boundary of 2D and 3D....
Do you think it should be by itself or framed?
Another bell "Plum blossoms at night" newly in my shop today.
A bell. A sculpture but also a painting...?
++++++
And my personal favourite bell so far called "Seed pods in my pocket" is sold and being sent off to Canada... I am happy but it will be missed... :( Bye bye..!
x
Erin






Erin they are both so beautiful! I think that the first lady looks really strong unframed.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandra, it is great to hear your opinion :) thank you! I think I will make more wall pieces... :)
ReplyDeleteno wonder that it is hard for you to part from your beautiful creations...
ReplyDeletehope your days are filled with peace dear e,
love
v
Thank you Vibeke :)
ReplyDeleteMy days have been good. Just too much rain here! :( I will send you an email shortly.... :)
...your creations have their own soul...they are beautiful and very special Erin...
ReplyDeletehave a lovely week you too...
and thank you for your kind words
xo
m.
my honest opinion is wall mounted on their own , no frame....this is because I feel the frame takes away from the poetic beauty and strength that in the delicacy /poignancy of these objects .
ReplyDeleteI think it would be a great installation piece to see lots of them on a wall, floating , just themselves ...beautiful work erin,
thanks for your visits , I love them x
I like what you are doing, I have been thinking about trying something similar adding ceramic onto a painted background. I have not decided how yet, but I think experimenting would be fun. I like the way you can remove the head from the frame or have it on the frame.
ReplyDeletexxx Lorraine xxx
Thank you for visiting me and for your kind words Magdalena:) Oh Jane I like your idea of an installation with lots of them on a wall!
ReplyDeleteLorraine, experimenting IS fun :) Love to see how you'd play with your ceramic pieces and your paintings! x