The piece in the first image came out of the kiln today. I am very happy with it!
It's 25cm (10inch) so quite large. Hollow with two holes for hanging. Not functional but a sculpture to float in the air.
It's called <Travelling together>. :) I am keeping it for myself but I think I will make a few more to put in my Etsy shop.
My bird next to a lovely painting by Annamaria
Hmm...time to get organised..!!!
Erin


these are so gorgeous. love the detail in the bottom one and the shapes that go with it.
ReplyDeleteThank you:) That one is particularly playful with a red ball and a ring.
DeleteI hope you are well Belinda. x
Absolutely beautiful Erin. Everything from the colours, positioning of elements and whimsical poetic nature of the wearable characters. Just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteOhh, so many compliments! You are so kind!
DeleteI leave them not glazed as I like matt surface finish - but I do wonder if many people have a problem with it.. hmmm...
I love your work, Erin, and these necklaces are gorgeous. The strings are beautifully dyed--it's like shibori on a string! Original and exciting!
ReplyDeleteThank you Dawn, these cotton cords were sold like this in Japan,but I don't know from where or from what company any more so I cannot get the same any more :(.
DeleteBut your comment reminded me that I should be able to dye normal cotton cords myself, shouldn't I? :)
These are so very lovely Erin. I love the first one, right out of a great story;-)
ReplyDeleteThank you, I love the big bird in the first image too.
DeleteAnnamaria, it is actually hung right next to your painting "Early in the morning"!!
I will add another photo of them next to each other here :)
Just wonderful, ethereal
ReplyDeletexx
julie
Thank you Julie! Looking forward to your Etsy shop update!! x
DeleteBeautiful as always, Erin!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to be organized in the summer.
Happy days of September to you.
Well Carole, it's Winter-Spring here, and still I struggle to get organised...!!! :D
DeleteEnjoy your Autumn days.. :)
and you used it as banner
ReplyDeletethat grown
and the beautiful faces
like a fairytale
of sweet place
and
good luck with the organize bit!
Patrice A.
:) Thank you Patrice!
Deletethanks for stopping by erin and now i'm visiting you! your bird is wonderful and i love annamaria's painting too. i own one of her watercolors that hangs in my kitchen (:
ReplyDeletei would love to do a trade with you sometime. let me know what you think.
kim
A trade? You mean exchanging one of your work and one of my work? Yes I'd LOVE that with your shop :)
DeleteI did not know we could do that on Etsy until you mentioned and read on Etsy site. Still learning how it works...but yes let's talk about it:)
x Erin
Dear Erin,
ReplyDeleteYour porcelain work looks so beautiful.
I have just received a Liebster Blog Award and I have passed it on to you, as I really love the textile letter you send me.
http://byriostextileletters.blogspot.dk/2012/09/liebster-blog-award.html
A lovely September to you too,
Lots of love, Karina